TOPIC: SECURITY OPERATIONS ON FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY
I. GROUP MEMBERS
LEADER: Talavera, Patrick John
ASSISTANT LEADER/ TECHNICAL: Colocar, Joan Joy
SECRETARY: Lazado, Irish
TREASURER: Sutian, Liezel
MEMBERS: Cayetano, Aeroll
II. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The group intended to research about the Security Operations in Far Eastern University because somehow some students have different reactions on the changes they saw inside the campus. Most specially on the security and safety services rendered by them.
Far Eastern University for all we know has tightened its security aspects as the year entered. There are so many doubt and questions from the students that has come out and some incidents that occurred as time passes by.
A security operations is a process that identifies critical information to determine if friendly actions can be observed by adversary intelligence systems, determines if information obtained by adversaries could be interpreted to be useful to them, and then executes selected measures that eliminate or reduce adversary exploitation of friendly critical information.
By pursuing this study we would like to enlighten the minds of the students about the security operations that is being implemented inside the university and have a more broader knowledge on what is this security operations all about and how important it is to everybody.
III. PROBLEM STATEMENT
· Why do you inspect the bags of students while they’re exiting the campus?
· How do you manage students that keep on arguing with you?
· What is the most important skill a security guard must possess?
· Is there a difference guarding a school from other establishments?
· If necessary, are you allowed to hurt students?
The following information’ written below is the recommendations coming from the group.
1. For the FEU management, like any other organizations or company they may conduct a brief meeting with the faculties or any student organizations about a certain changes that takes place inside the University. So that everybody will be aware or has an idea on it and to avoid commotions.
2. For the Security Guards, we know that security guards are just doing their job for the sake of the students and faculty of FEU but we may recommend to them to be more approachable to everybody while rendering service unto the FEU community rather than being like a “brusko” to avoid misunderstanding from a certain action coming from them or vice versa.
3. For the students, each one of us has the responsibilities and duties. We may recommend to our co-students to add more patience and to broader their minds that although they are a security guard they themselves deserve respect coming from us. Because it’s are safety that they care for and that they just want us to be satisfied on the quality of service they can offer to us.
V. IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
February 08, 2010
The Group passed a request letter to the Security Office and asked them if we could ask them few questions Regarding on the Security operations inside the University.
February 12, 2010
The whole group conducted the interview to the Head Guard.
February 16, 2010
Gathering of all the outputs from the interview and make a
soft copy from it.
February 21, 2010
Editing of Final Paper by the Asst. Leader/ Technical Person.
February 22, 2010
Post it on tumblr to be check by Sir Toti.